1. Aircraft Design, Fabrication & Flying
The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
At the dawn of the twentieth century, having explored and conquered all land, man turned his eyes skywards. For much of history he has been trying to conquer this seemingly unbeatable foe. The skies continued to elude him until finally, the Wright brothers finally conquered the skies one windy morning in the winter of 1903. Since then the aircraft industry has exploded, and aero planes have captured the imagination of the human race.
This workshop by AEROLANCE gives the participants an opportunity to understand the theory behind the functioning of aircrafts and aircraft design. It makes the participants innovate by coming up with their own design of mini aircrafts and fabricating them as per their design. This workshop takes the participants through a series of interactive lectures and design sessions supplemented by practical sessions, thereby providing a complete learning experience.
- Understanding Flight.
- Design of Aircraft.
- Fabrication of Aircraft.
- Flying using Remote Control.
Three awards will be given to the participating teams in terms of Best Design, Best Fabrication and Innovation. The names of the recipients will be put up on our website permanently and they will also be provided with certificate of merit.
2 days (8 hours per day)
AEROLANCE PVT LTD
Rs 7500/- per team for the standard kit and Rs 12500/- for the complete kit.
Participants can register in team containing maximum of 5 members This workshop is dedicated to learn the technology behind making of aircrafts. It help and encourage the participants to solve real time problem involved in making of glider aircraft, besides this live demonstration of RC plane will also be shown so that student will stimulate their theoretical knowledge in to practical.
2. Workshop on Aeromodelling & Aircraft designing
- Introduction to Aeromodelling.
- Discuss Goals of Workshop.
- A brief introduction about modeling Aeroplanes -Static and Flying models.
- Explore different categories - Free Flight, Powered Free Flight, Control Line and Radio-Control Flying.
- Materials in Aeromodelling.
- Getting your Hands Dirty.
- Construction of the 40cm Balsa Glider from the Pre-cut KIT.
- Flying the 40cm Balsa Glider.
- Experimenting with the different Wing Configurations & Learning.
An Introduction to Flight
- What Makes Planes Fly?
- Overview of Flight Control Surfaces.
- The Four Basic Forces of Flight.
- Basic Terminologies.
- How Planes can Maneuver.
An Introduction to Gliders
- What are Gliders? How do they Glide?
- Understanding the Wing and its Importance.
- Types of Wing Construction.
- Basic Glider Design - What goes where?
- Design a Glider within given Constraints & Guidelines.
- • Discuss the Designs.
- Cutting Techniques for Balsa.
- Cutting the Design from Balsa.
- Sanding & Smoothing Techniques.
- Discuss concepts of Balance and Center of Gravity affecting Flight.
- Discuss techniques to Chuck.
- Flying the Gliders - Chuck & Catapult Launch.
Demonstration of RC Flying
- Flying Demo of Basic Aerobatics, World War II Maneuvers, Pattern Flying & Stunt Flying.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days, with eight hour session each day in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hands on sessions.
- Certificate of Merit for all the workshop participants.
- At the end of this workshop, a small competition will be organized among the participating students and winners will be awarded with a 'Certificate of Excellence'.
- Certificate of Coordination for the coordinators of the campus workshops.
It's a basic level workshop so there are no prerequisites. Any one interested, can join this workshop.
Rs. 1000/-(inclusive of all Taxes) per participant.